Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kitchen Cure Ideas

What I dislike:
1. Counter top is horrible
2. Big ugly fuse box
3. Floor is dark and dingy
4. Not enough pantry shelves
5. Ugly light fixture
6. Nowhere to chop food
7. Want an aluminum garbage can
8. Cupboards don't have shelves


Remedies:
1. A combo of white contact paper & cutting boards*
2. Paint it or use contact paper
3. New rug*
4. More shelves and/or table to fit in there
5. Order white fixture from world market
6. Buy cutting board
7. Order can from WM
8. Buy wire "extenders"

*out there remedies*
1. Around the sink gets really wet so I thought maybe I could put a ledge where the backsplash ends to hide the fact that there isn't any contact paper there. But what to do about the part right infront of the sink? Hmmm...
3. I thought if I found some faux wood laminate squares for cheap I'd cut out a piece of muslin and stick them on there for a new floor covering and then even put a pretty little 2x3 rug infront of the sink.

Other Ideas:
1. Put a small coat rack under the shelf for tea towels, etc.
2. Ribbon for shelf edge



No comments: